Wednesday 6 August 2008

Parking on the double yellow lines


Photo Geoff Dellow - we have a problem! - or do you disagree?

I have taken the following action:

Talked to the manager of Bargain Booze at mid-day. She says "It's the Traffic warden's problem - talk to him!"

I requested that she suggests to customers that they avoid parking on the double yellow lines as they may get booked.

I witnessed problems similar to that reported by a commenter below : a driver backing into a pedestrians path at the cross road after using the cash machine that has been installed right on the corner.

Talked at length with Dick Base, Car Parking, Enforcement for the District Council.

He recommends a discussion with Sergeant Rupert Johnston at Ulverston Police who he believes is very good at following through on issues brought to his attention. I am seeking a meeting when convenient.

I shall ask the planning department to send me the relevant plans and correspondence to the Ulverston Town Hall as I wonder how the proposal to place a cash point at this intersection ever got through!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You may want to have a quite word with councilor col about parking on yellow lines,seen him today park his car outside the hsbc while he went in to the newsagents.Now surely the likes of him should be setting a example to the rest of the town

Geoff Dellow said...

I suggest that you do this.

Several months ago he told me he does this all the time at this very spot and argues that if there is a restriction to the entrance of New Market Street then traffic will slow down . . .