Thursday 20 May 2010

Parents in action

I have always been fascinated by the way children grow up.

When newly married , I had hoped for four children.

It's probably best for them that this couldn't happen; I didn't do a very good job on the one I did raise. Having trained a number of dogs, I am a lot wiser now.

Going into teaching after a career as first a chemical engineer at Glaxo and Shell in California, followed by self employed at The Falls, converting and running self-catering holiday cottages and then converting and running what is now the Oxfam building in town, was perhaps something that fulfilled this desire I had for understanding how children tick.

I am now back in touch with quite a number of very young children, at times being given sole charge of their activities. They are fascinating to relate to.



Now, working in Mill dam park, I get to observe a wide range of parent - child behaviour.

One comes to understand that patterns of behaviour are established at a very early age in fact from the hour a baby is born.

More later :

Why do parents give food as a way of controlling their children - isn't this going to lead to problems in years to come?

No comments: