Sunday 25 December 2011

Thinking out of the box.

I read that many people with energy and drive are leaving this country and emegrating to parts of the world where their economy is growing and work is available. This is a sad drain of talent from this country.

However, it seems to me, that there is an alternative, though one that will take some flair to achieve :

Staying put and working from home for businesses that are based in these countries.

For instance I know someone here in Ulverston who works from home on his computer for a Greek company.

With the Internet, it will be possible to find work in any part of the world - places with an expanding economy - Australia, South America - work that can be done here. The most obvious will be work on a computer.

It's a matter of thinking very creatively and making strong links with another country - it could well involve learning another language.

What is even more encouraging is that it is, I understand, becoming possible to study subjects through online causes at top rate universities and institutions in other parts of the world .

In a small way I contribute to this as I teach Flash with online materials and work with teachers in various parts of the world - Australia, Thailand, the States. I then supplement this online teaching with verbal tutorials where they phone me to receive supporting tuition - makes for some phone calls at strange times of the day - as you can imagine.

So those of you looking for work : I suspect you can find it in other countries by thinking creatively - work that can be done in your own home - how about learning chinese . . . . . .

No comments: