Saturday 9 June 2012

Confined to my house

My body is fighting some kind of 'flu so I'm not pushing it too far.

So what lovely things can I do (snivel, snivel) ?

My brain is clicking along fine so:

1. Bone up on my chess so that I can give Peter Hanks a shock when we meet again at the Stan Laurel; after my winning three games in a row and one resounding victory that totally amazed me when I was all over him, he has now come back strong and is beating me again.
This cannot be allowed to continue, so while he's away playing in tournaments I'm preparing a surprise attack. He knows that I refuse to play any evening other than Tuesday evening when I play until midnight (and ply him with beer while I have coffee - I also enjoy a malt whisky which I just sniff and drink when we've finished playing). What he doesn't know is how much effort I put into my next ambush where I may innocently give away a small piece only to descend on him like fiends from hell - I love living dangerously and risk all - knowing that if he survives I'll be in mortal danger - I being my personification in the form of my king.

2. Write this blog. Youtube is getting me a bit of recognition - some surprise successes.

3. Practise my clarinet. I watched the program on The Famous 'cellist Rostropovich last night - what you can achieve with a musical instrument if you are really really good- meaning 'able to convey emotion effectively'.

4. Tell another story from my past using my web cam.

5. Plan ahead on my various people projects - aimed at bringing groups together to enjoy themselves working together.

6. Having a little dig at some of the issues here in Ulverston

7. Put together some of the filming I've done for another item on Youtube.

8. Oh Yes - the minute I feel up to it, to pop out of the house, on my next cheeky project of painting the town red with another poke at 'the establishment'.

Having said this I'll be in Mill Dam Park with friends tomorrow Sunday, arriving between 10:00 and 10:30 - there are a number of jobs to be done in readiness for our first consignment of Bedding Plants from David's Market Stall next Thursday - maybe see you there.

No comments: