Friday 19 October 2012

Why so few posts here these days?

I've found something to do that is very demanding of my energy and time - learn to play the clarinet well. There are a multitude of problems which demand lots of determination. The rewards however are great and this activity is proving very enjoyable for me. I'm even being given a little cash by one or two. This is the most reliable way for me of telling that people enjoy what they hear.

 I'm keeping my head down and putting in lots of practice - in fact every minute that I can spare whilst maintaining a balance of other activities. Many people around me are being superbly encouraging and this support is great to have.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to see you shed a few monkeys and enjoy some my "MY TIME"
JAK

Geoff Dellow said...

Thanks Jack,

Yes, I'm having a great time with my clarinet - see you at the allotment with it!

Anonymous said...

The plants on your raised beds respond to the music, they look great.
Yes live soul music for those who have one.
" The snowman" played in the snow that would be something.
Also to eat from your garden all year round is a real achievement Good chats, good company.
Well done The Outdoor School
JAK

Geoff Dellow said...

I'm looking forward to playing at the Market Square again tomorrow morning 10am till one pm. It will be a while before I can take requests - still a lot to learn. I've two teachers - one for reading music - getting the notes and rhythm right, the second on clarinet playing technique. Both requiring lots of practice! Both very rewarding.

My aim is to add a little cheerfulness to the day for the benefit of shoppers in town. A chat is always welcome.

Looks like the last day of 'summer' tomorrow.

Gladys Hobson said...

Nice for you to be appreciated. You work hard and deserve to achieve!

Geoff Dellow said...

Thanks Gladys, I found it hard going today - I had an attack of low confidence which teaches me just how hard it is to perform well even when you're feeling grotty and meet up with a few technical problems. Steep learning curve ahead particularly with the cold weather coming when I find my 78 brain ( allowing for pregnancy) doesn't work so well and the fingers not moving easily and trying to play with fingerless gloves which can stop two crucial fingers getting close enough to play one of the keys.