Wednesday 10 February 2010

A message from a politician I admire

"I'd like to update you on the recent events in the ‘save Ambleside campus’ campaign. Last week we won a victory. Outdoor studies students will now be able to stay in Ambleside – which is good news for them and for the whole of Ambleside.

But I'm devastated for teacher training students who are still being asked to move, and for dozens of hard working members of staff who may now face redundancy and an uncertain future. I am working with the unions to do all I can to support staff and students, and I will continue to do so.

I've also been working hard with people like the North West Development Agency and Kendal College to present a rescue package to keep all the students at Ambleside, bring new students and to help get the university out of debt. That rescue package has hardly been considered by the university board. The university may not be entirely responsible for the mess they are in, but they must be held responsible for failing to accept real help like this.

This means that the university's decision is not final – these offers are still on the table, the university should have bitten our hands off, but if I have to spend even longer to persuade them to do the right thing, so be it.

So the fight goes on – absolutely no one should even think of giving up! I'm optimistic there can be very bright future for the Ambleside campus I'm determined to expand provision at Ambleside - with a world class tourism, hospitality and catering degree, a big increase in outdoor studies and by developing Charlotte Mason's legacy for the good of the students and the local community.

If you’d like more information on the campaign, or anything else I’m working on, please visit my website at www.timfarron.co.uk

Finally, the General Election is only 86 days away (if it's May 6th as widely believed), so I am asking if you could spare an hour or so to help me with my re-election campaign. Together in the last 5 years we have achieved so much. But with only 267 votes between me and the Conservative last time, your support will be vital. If you can help in the office, knock on doors, erect stakeboards or deliver leaflets please do get in touch.

As always if I can help with any issue please do not hesitate to contact me,

Best wishes
Tim"

Tim Farron MP
Acland House
Yard 2
Stricklandgate
Kendal
LA9 4ND

Wouldn't it be great if we had a candidate of this caliber to vote for who could represent us in this area!

Sadly I haven't come across one. Any suggestions?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He is a great person went agaist paty whip because he promised the people who elected him