Saturday 16 April 2011

The ultimate on pseudo political speak from Lansley

"Health Secretary Andrew Lansley has said he is "sorry" for failing to communicate his plans for the NHS in England."

This is the message we read

But he didn't say this.

"He said: "I am sorry if what I'm setting out to do hasn't communicated itself." "

In other words it's what was set out that was at fault because it "hasn't communicated itself", as though 'it' has a responsible life of its own.

Naughty misbehaving words that didn't do their job. "It's your fault: not mine"
It's important to my career to distance myself from others (my words) that fail me.

It would be too politically damaging if he said in plain English:

"I got it wrong"

No wonder we get fed up listening to 'clever' politicians talking the drivel that expensive speech writers produce for them.

1 comment:

Gladys Hobson said...

So what's new? Maybe YOU should take on that role?