Friday 25 September 2009

Tesco

To clarify my position on Tesco being in Ulverston.

I welcome it being here.

I would have much prefered a different store such as Sainsbury or alternative use of the building but given the suddenness of the Woolworth vacancy it is an excellent choice of building and adds much to the Market Square.

I welcome it also because I hope that no one will shop there. The Coop is far to be preferred.

Let's hope that Tesco will get its fingers burnt and suffer a loss at this store and that local people will want to support all the alternative shops in Ulverston and avoid Tesco whenever they can.

Anyone that cares to look beneath the surface of what kind of organisation they have in their midst will feel the same. They are wolves dressed up in sheeps clothing see my links on Tesco

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is why people get on your case and also reason why people didn't vote for you.You made a number of posts regarding tesco and also stated a number of times that you didn't want them in the town,now your saying you wanted them here ffs make your mind up

Geoff Dellow said...

On the contrary I am totally consistent.

I definitely didn't want them to come preferring other choices.

Now that they are here we make the best of it - and put them out of business (he jokes unrealistically).

However this may still be why some didn't vote for me.

They find this kind of reasoning too difficult.

A good politician quickly adapts to reality and doesn't cry over spilt milk.

There are lots of issues that I, in an ideal world would wish for, but in reality as a representative one fights for what the public want.

There are plenty of those in Ulverston. Needs like Car Parking that are being ignored by a sleepy Town Council who fights for little.

The issue of Stockbridge Lane is a clear example when they didn't say boo when in December, Nick Raymond said no to the majority who wanted a sign on Market Square.

They just walked out the meeting and said nothing and didn't fight the decision.

It will only be when we get representatives who fight for Ulverston that we will get change.

Look at Norman Bishop-Rowe over the issue of a MUGA for Croftlands Playing Field.

Look what can be achieved by going over his head over the improvements in Lightburn Park!

"Where there's a will, there's a way" was a favorite saying of my mother.

I've always taken it on board and proved it to be correct.

If you can't go straight through, there's usually and alternative, it's a matter of finding it: Over or under or round the side. Sometimes by waiting until the obstacle is looking shaky.

People will gradually realise that I'm a guy that gets things done.

The press at the moment doesn't help by not reporting my successes eg United Utilities and the cobbles and the movement of Nick Raymond of the patch (which I suspect I had a small hand in assisting).

The steady drip of rainwater will wear a way through Granite - in time.

Anonymous said...

I tried the new tesco last week, was plesently surprised, had a few items that coop didn't have. Will be using them again when I'm next in town