Monday 12 October 2009

"Oh No" - Illegal activities again

Local Government - this time SLDC - are winding me up a treat and I'm in great danger of turning criminal in frustration.

The locking up of the public toilets at dusk is driving me bonkers.

I past a man peeing beside someone's front door as I walked along Upper Brook Street.

"Do you really have to ?" received the rejoinder " I'm busting for a pee - where else can I go"

I had no reply.

I talked to someone yesterday who told me they had shit in the alleyway across from the toilet in The Gill. She had to clean it up herself.

The fair is in town and The Gill is milling with people - it's also the Lantern Procession - and the toilets are locked - with their lights on!

Do we have to revert to life in the middle ages.

Someone could easily nick the hasps on all the toilets in the town so that they can't be locked any more.

If that fails , I guess the next step is remove the gates themselves - not difficult!

Anyone who checks will find that the nuts on the ones in The Gill are only finger tight . . . . .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so you are suggesting we remove the gates of the toilets to pevent them from being locked at night?

Geoff Dellow said...

What suggestions do you have?