Monday 27 September 2010

Have you ever felt that your struggling through very thick mud?

Such is the feeling I have when dealing with local government.

It's deep  - two foot deep mud - it's verging on being a quicksand ready to suck me under.

Suck me under it does occasionally.

Then I bob up .

Determined to struggle on.

Such has been the feeling following attending the Ulverston Town Council Meeting last Monday.

I beginning to bob back up but, mentally, it's a real struggle.

I need one or two people to give me encouragement, then it becomes a lot easier.

Coming to terms with the thought that councillors and local politicians are not the kind of  people to provide leadership is the problem.

Targeting the people who try to do the best job they know how is the mistake.

The problem lies with the reluctance with the people who could do a better job because of their life experience and character to put themselves forward for election.

In turn the problem then occurs that in the rare instance that they do, these people are not valued by the general public who haven't a clue what is going on.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK your extraordinary (1) just one more to go

Geoff Dellow said...

You've lost me!