Wednesday 29 September 2010

Time to Spare

It's a lovely feeling to have time to spare.

I suspect that this feeling enables one to actually do a lot more things than if one felt that one was doing a lot and had little time.

Is it like buying good quality furniture or well made clothes?

Once the time has been given to making a good decision on choosing something that will last. Then one gains all the time of having to choose again for some time.

Start with a bit of time - use it wisely - and one gains even more time in the future?


Many of us are going to have time on our hands in the future.

We could well be out of work; or retire early.

We will have time to rethink our lives.

We will have time to explore different ways of living. Things perhaps that cost nothing or very little.

Time to stop and explore what others are doing down our streets. A chance to swap favours perhaps.

I'll walk your dog while you shop for me in Barrow.

I'll clean your windows while you darn my clothes.

I'll dig your garden if we can share the leeks we grow.

Time to explore new possibilities that initially might seem unlikely.

I've lived a very full life but now I have time to reflect, I wonder whether I would have lived differently had i stopped and really reflected what was important to me when I was say forty.

It's very difficult to do this as we are brain whashed into believing that living like everyone else is the only option.

Perhaps we need to give it a go and see where it leads.

This reminds me of the intro to one of my web sites - one to do with creativity in education - www.tygh.co.uk

Time to go a walk and ponder new horizons.

Time to read a book which exposes us to new ways of thinking.

Time to make time by avoiding activities we usually think are important - like cleaning the house - having a bath - shaving - using make up - going shopping to buy new clothes.

. . . . . . .
?

5 comments:

Gladys Hobson said...

Spare time? I might think I have it — until I want to use it!

Geoff Dellow said...

I'm trying to learn how not to squander it, and use it ,I hope, wisely!

It's a great asset when dealing with kids - and very rewarding too.

Gladys Hobson said...

I've always got time for children - even when they're no longer kids! It's non-essentials that get missed out.

Geoff Dellow said...

What do you call non-essentials?

How essential are they actually?

Washing the car?

Putting things away that you're going to use tomorrow?

Cleaning the house?

Having a bath?

Feeding the cat?

Shopping for clothes?

Going to Barrow/Lancaster/Manchester ?

Going for a walk?

Chatting to a neighbour?

Writing on this blog?

Geoff Dellow said...

?????????

This is a comment left appropriately by Puzzle


Who is


a


c
a

t