Thursday 23 February 2012

By far the most important thing in life.

For me - this is to like myself.

This has been my goal throughout my life and it's been a struggle.

It takes some working at and is for me a very precious thing.

It guides what are for me a lot of actions that I see as totally selfish:

To do things that I'm at peace with myself about.

Yes I'm a doer and need things to be involved in.

Fortunately I now have such a range of activities with so many different people that when one area of my life goes pear shaped and I feel rotten then another goes well.

Of course the affection others show me is very important.

Little things, like being bought my favourite drink, out of the blue - a malt whisky - to round off an evening of chess - create highlights.

The completion of a larger project with so much help and involvement like the making and mounting of over 120 ceramic fish at Church Walk School is another milestone. Like the Candlelit Walk we did together, everyone who got involved appeared to enjoy the experience - which included a lot of hard repetitive work like rolling the clay - but the result made it all worthwhile.

Bring on the next project - so that I can keep liking myself - this could be planting Sweet Peas at Mill Dam Park or possibly involvement in the Ulverston Scrap Store project at the Old Library or then again it could be making music with others in the town as I get better at playing my clarinet. There are some great people in the town to work with.

1 comment:

Gladys Hobson said...

It is a wonderful thing to truly like oneself. I am pleased you have achieved it.