Tuesday 27 November 2012

Wow, am I having fun with my Clarinet

I've got to the stage when I'm beginning to play anything by ear. I don't seem to have to worry about what key I'm in: my brain just tells the right fingers to move and hey presto.

I play particularly well when I can make up my own improvisation when the right note that harmonises is always only a semitone away. Sidney Bechet played by ear I'm sure and the dischordant notes he hit were magic. What's most important is what is deep down in one's soul or somewhere equally mysterious.

Hoping to play on Saturday morning. My, that will be a challenge. How will I cope with the cold?
Four degrees, sun and no rain is forecast wowee as Simon Clarke would say - he'll be out cycling no doubt.

No doubt we will find out - will I have enough puff? and will the fingers move?

No comments: