Thursday 13 December 2012

At last I know for sure that our Citizens Advice Bureau will close.

At the AGM meeting tonight in Kendal, it was absolutley clear that the trustees of CASL  feel there is no way of keeping a face to face service open either in Kendal or Ulverston, as previously.

What is unclear is what will be done to continue this service one the present organisation is disbanded.

What is a disagrace is that we had to find out this way and so late in the day.

At least now things are out in the open. CASL the trust running both the Kendal and the Ulverston offices will be disbanded and the hope is that Cumbria Rural , an alternative trust will be able to take over.

Sadly we have responsible people refusing to be honest until now, not that they have done nothing - they have been chasing ideas which they hope could be made to work. Those of us looking for dependable solutions  are now left to pick up the pieces.

Now we know: we can take steps to find a solution for a face to face service ourselves and put behind us any thought of help from these CASL trustees who will be dealing with ifs and maybes but nothing reliable.

This indeed is very helpful as many alternative solutions now present themselves to those that are not defeatists. The same face to face service can be provided - but it will have to be done in a different way - and I suspect we will all have to pitch in, in some way if we are to be left with anything reliable rather than  looking to government - local or national.

5 comments:

Chris said...

Seasons Greetings Geoff.
As for CAB to many Chiefs and not enough Indians.
Mismanaged and Micromanaged.
I am in a cruel toxic banana republic that has no soul at the moment.
Just wanted to wish you well Geoff you are a good man.
You tried to find Mrs Delemere for me and I will never forget your kindness.
You did what you could to help.
You did not have a horse to lend me you are not the AG so you cannot help me with justice.
You did what you could.
I am still waiting for a sorry from somebody from Idaho that will never come 7 years later.
If only people could be nice to each other.
You have the coffee,I have the milk Fred has the sugar kind of thing.
I want to spend Christmas in this cafe on The Rue Au Maire in the 3eme but I want to go back to Christmas 1997 her name was Aicha French Tunisian quite enchanting.
Years later an Algerian singer wrote a song called Aicha.
I miss Paris Geoff my soul belonged there.
Take Care Geoff and seasons greetings to you and yours.

Geoff Dellow said...

Great to hear from you Chris. There really are coffee, milk and sugar kind of people around. However it usually takes someone to set 'the ball rolling'. Try rolling up next door with two cups of coffee and see if your neighbour has some milk! Nothing ventured . . . . .

Chris said...

A decent man of your age deserves a happy story.
We were all kids there was your Dave and a guy called Paul another one called Arthur.
I do not know if they still make it but there used to be a beer called Special Brew.
4 of those and anything goes.
We were all in your house your Dave said you were in the shop that was when you had the Oxfam building.
We were all getting drunk thinking we were safe you were at work.
You came home for something and your Dave went to see you.
We were all hiding in his bed room as quite as church mice.
Happier Times Geoff

Geoff Dellow said...

I'm not publishing your other comment, Chris,- you're rambling - and miles off topic.

Chris said...

Was that the one where I tell you big bad S wants a hug.
I do however fear "hug" has Anais Nin overtones.
Talking of publishing I hope your friend is doing well she writes well.
If you are thinking of upgrading to Windows 8 do not it is horrible.
The highlight of my day was writing zeros to my HD and installing Linux.
Take Care