Sunday 10 August 2008

August 12th - Door to door on Croftlands

I am thoroughly enjoying my visits to all the houses that surround the playing field at Central Drive.

I have now been to all of them and have been made very welcome with many offers of cups of tea. They are a lovely lot of people and all share similar concerns: -

1. Provide an inexpensive skateboard run for the youngsters on the playing field. This would cost £130. Many have already made offers of up to £10 to pitch in.

2. Enable children to cross Oakwood Drive - by using both Zebra Crossings and Lollipop Men near the school.

3. Get a complete review of the road usage through Croftlands - Oakwood and Birkett Drives and Mountbarrow and Priory Roads

4. Find challenging activities for older children in addition to those promoted by the Croftlands Community Youth Club

I shall be continuing my visits over the next few weeks.

No comments: