Friday 7 September 2012

Inaction in a confusing and dangerous situation

Traffic continues to travel down New Market Street towards the Market Square, Ulverston, when there has been a long expectaion that this cannot happen when the Market is taking place.

I know the stall holders are furious and pedestrians, particularly those with children in tow or in buggies are apprehensive enough to avoid shopping at Ulverston Market. As a regular user of the Ulverston Market I share their concerns.

Yet this dangerous situation continues because, I guess, of inaction by our Town Councillors.

This guess is based on my long experience that the other officers, Police and Town Clerk,  make sure that jobs get done quickly and efficiently whereas Local Councillors are notorious for talking big and doing extremely little.

So here's a chance for me to be proved wrong: answers to the following letter, sent today, to all those concerned will be welcomed on this blog.

I feel one of my video interviews on Youtube of Town Councillors coming on especially as I have already shot some footage of this same problem was in over a year ago?

 Traffic coming down New Market Street  and turning into Market street when Markets are in progress - sent today Friday September 7th 2012

Dear Town Councillors ( Clough, Harris, J Pickthall , Hornby, Irving C Pickthall responsible for Town Ward and my representatives on North Ward), The Town Clerk and Sgt Rupert Johnston of Ulverston Police.

I note that a very dangerous situation continues to occur in the above situation and times.

I have seen vehicles swing out, round the corner proceeding from new Market Street into Market Street , narrowly missing pedestrians who believe that no traffic will be using the road at these times on Thursdays and Saturdays. The situation can be made even worse in that Brocklebanks has had their groceries spilling out onto Market Street itself.

This situation seems to me to be extremely dangerous yet nothing appears to happen.

Do you in fact agree?

When will this inaction to resolve the problem  come to an end?

Sincerely

Dr Geoff Dellow

No comments: