Thursday 6 September 2012

Yes, This is the task I've set myself


To not only play this but to play with all the expression used above.

Getting the tune right is beyond me at the moment - anything requiring memory gives me the shakes.

Today I had a good try playing my clarinet at the Market Cross between 10 am amd 12:30pm I'm slowly beginning to relax which is essential as I have either to make it all up myself or find a way to improvise in an interesting and musical way.

Ovservers gave me 5 /10 (I think I deserved only 3/10) for the sound and 10/10 for effort. What I feel is that it can only get better as long as the public can be tolerant as I overcome nerves and acquire the skills to play well. Your opinions and encouragement are very welcome.

I'll be back every Thursday and David at the plant stall is very accommodating. At the moment I'm enjoying the challenge - this week was better than last and the last about as bad as the week before!

At least I've got an instrument that couldn't care less about the rain - I'll be getting mittens for the cold.

No comments: