Friday 25 January 2013

I'm on your side.

I love playing with kids. This afternoon it was in the snow.

Isn't it incredible how quickly kids suss out how to stop you pelting them with snow balls?

"I'm on your side" rang out the cry as my arm took aim at James aged 3-4. The implication was that we were now on the same side , but against who?

Obviously  - everyone else but James. This agreement stood as long as my arm was raised and looking his way ; but the split second my arm veered towards anyone else and turned my back on James then I was forced to ask "How come snow is going down my neck from the very direction that my allies were located?"

All's fair in snowball fights - as long as we get the satisfaction of some snow taking off in the direction of someone's ( anyone's) neck and especially if they weren't expecting it. And who better for a target than an unsuspecting 'ally' - well that was a second ago and alliances shift far faster than that particularly when there's a delicious warm flesh gaping cave sitting in front of your upraised snow filled hand. . . .

No comments: