Saturday 16 March 2013

This little piggy will be going to market

A great day was clearly had by those who enjoyed me playing the clarinet today in the Ulverston Market.
This really looks and feels as though I have found a home for my playing: the alleyway opposite New Market Street. Though I went there today at 11.00  feeling very nervous because I aim to please: I had a great reception which encourages me greatly for the future.

Some people chose a pub, some a concert hall but for me an alleyway feels just 'right'.

The spot in this alleyway has many advantages:

1. It is under cover so suits a rainy day.
2. When the sun comes out it is in full sun for several hours in the morning when the rest of the market in the winter can be in shade.
3. It has great acoustics so I can hear clearly myself playing. This means I can monitor myself well which is very important to me.
4. I have a great vision of all the people passing and now that I have learnt to wave while playing the clarinet (a skill that needs developing) I have a way of 'smiling back' to those that show their appreciation.
5. As far as I can tell, I can minimise the number of people I annoy with my playing.

The reference to a piggy is that I am looking for a suitable piggy bank to collect funds that you may want to give to Ulverston Charities. The one I favour for this year is the Lantern Procession - I've already raised six pounds for them this year.

If an alternative source of music is available, I shall always defer to them and find a different spot in the town to play. It's good to have a wide variety of music on offer.

I plan to play at the market once a week between 11am and 1 pm on one of the market days and will extend this when I believe I have suitable music to offer and see that this is welcomed.

Now that I have found a home in which to feel relaxed under most weather conditioned, I believe my music will develop by leaps and bounds - anyone which to join me - you will be made most welcome. I can assure you of aninstant fan club - the under fives of the town - my what beaming smiles you'll get!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hip,Hip,Huzzah ! Toot your toot!


ZORO