Friday 26 March 2010

Swarthmore Hall treat

We were up last weekend to enjoy a fantastic treat of the crocusses - see them in their past glory at the side , here. They have never looked better and their memory continues to inspire.

I wonder if they are still in full bloom - or is it too late?

The new ones at Ford Park have now been followed by a beautiful show of Daffodils.

Some very thoughtful planting last year by the volunteers there.

The Crocusses in the Gill Banks planters are just coming out. The Dark Blue Hyacinths are looking great. At the moment it's safe to venture here as a major clean up of dogshit has been carried out. Dog foulers watch out, the Gill residents are out to catch you and prosecute you !

Their patience is exhausted.

2 comments:

A R said...

Disappointed to hear about the dog shit problem . I pick up after my dog and its unpleasant but I do it just the same. It needs a few prosecutions or harsh words from the Gill vigilantes. I don't take my dog that way ,neither do I go up near the hospice. All those paths are shit up just the same. Unless they are caught in the act we can do nothing.

Gladys Hobson said...

Is it caused by wandering dogs (maybe let out in the morning) or by dogs who are with walkers? It is not as bad as it used to be. Dogs, some very big, were often wandering up or down Gill Banks.
It is a problem.