Tuesday 22 June 2010

Getting a reply from my MP, John Woodcock.

The excellent reply I got from John Woodcock, the other day may have been due to the use of this site - who are providing an excellent service:

http://www.writetothem.com/

Who have just sent me this follow up email (if you're having trouble getting replies from any politician, why not give then a try!):

Two weeks ago we sent your letter to John Woodcock MP, your MP. (For
reference, there's a copy of your letter at the bottom of this email)

- If you HAVE had a reply (not just an acknowledgement), please click
on the link below:

http://www.writetothem.com/Y/ followed by a personal link

- If you HAVE NOT had any reply at all, OR you have only had an
acknowledgement, please click on the link below:

http://www.writetothem.com/N/ followed by a personal link
If you feel that neither link is suitable, then please do not answer
the questionnaire.

Your feedback will allow us to publish performance tables of the
responsiveness of all the politicians in the UK. The majority of MPs
respond promptly and diligently to the needs and views of their
constituents. They deserve credit and respect for their
conscientiousness.

Likewise, we're keen to expose the minority of MPs who don't seem to
give a damn.

The letter you sent to your MP will be deleted from our database within
the next two weeks. Our full privacy policy can be read here:
http://www.writetothem.com/about-qa#personal

Please do not reply to this mail. If you have a question or comment
about the site, please send an email to team@writetothem.com

-- the WriteToThem.com team



Geoff Dellow
The Coach House
Union Lane
Ulverston
Cumbria
LA12 7BU

Phone: 01229480347

Email: gd at tygh.co.uk

Monday 7 June 2010

Dear John Woodcock,

Please reply to the email that I have already written to you.

I am using my blog at http://geoffdellow.blogspot.com to inform the
public of our attempts to communicate with you. ( the blog has a
regular following of some 350 local people)

I trust you will find our communication with you helpful in
understanding our needs.

I'm pleased to say that I have very fruitful exchanges with my County
Councillor, James Airey who I saw and talked to for over an hour, this
morning, and with my District Councillor Colin Hodgson with whom I have
regular contact by email.

Best wishes in your new job.

Yours sincerely,

Geoff Dellow

Followed by a personal reference number
(Signed with an electronic signature in accordance with subsection 7(3)
of the Electronic Communications Act 2000.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Willingly I accept. An interesting theme, I will take part. Together we can come to a right answer.