Saturday 7 April 2012

Random Acts of Kindness

When you're feeling low:

Thank God there are so many people about with a twinkle in their eyes, a sense of mischief and a sense of humour.

Thank You :-

For all the wonderful emails I've received recently, the people I've met in the train who've shared a little of their personal lives, for the neighbour willing to lend me precious tools, the lots of genuine smiles from people of all ages that I meet in the street, the fun I have with families passing my door, the person who offered me a lozenge as I passed them when I had one of my coughing fits in the street, the person that I don't know who called out "Hi Geoff" as I passed their garden,  for the baby who stroked my beard and gave me a grin, Peter who brought me a birthday present of four hen eggs and two beautiful turquoise duck eggs, for another neighbour who works with me for four hours to recover wood because of one of my madcap ideas, the person that is going through a very tough patch who phoned to check how I was, for the lovely sun that shone in my face as I sat back against the fence in the allotment feeling decidedly unwell, for the person who broke into their morning activity to come and fetch me home in the car because I didn't feel I could manage the journey back home on my own.

I love all these "Random Acts of Kindness" - makes up for the very very few situations that sap your spirit.

Isn't it great living in a town full of such friendly people!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://soundcloud.com/christingle/thats-just-not-good-music

Someone has made a rap about you Geoff. Have a listen.

Geoff Dellow said...

Thanks - Sounds a lot of fun.

I'm deeply priviledged.

Now - what the hell does it say? The bit I heard was - "I'm an Ulverston legend"

Anonymous said...

Geoff,
You have achieved some super things.
The candlelit walks.
Pottery in the park.
Flags in the gill.
School's of fish.
The BUGS.
Snow clearing.
Mill dam park now A JEWEL.
Involvement with the vunerable.
To name a few.
You do not get a chain of office, but you are awarded "Sir of Sensibility"

THE OTHERS