Thursday 26 April 2012

There's a bright star on the horizon - make it shine.

John Lawrence has put his name forward for election to our Town Council

- in the hope that he won't get elected because North Ward traditionally votes Conservative .

- Which is what he told me on the phone last night.

Let's prove him wrong and elect him.

I new John back in about 1975 when his wife, Jane mixed with mine in what was "The Housewives Register".

As I understand it, he was the manager at Bowater-Scott where he worked for twenty years. Apparently he then worked for Glaxo, here in Ulverston and then in Montrose. He then returned to Mowings Ulverston in 2008.

He then has got involved with supporting the Furness Music Centre of which he is Chairman of the Trustees.

I suspect that whatever John takes on, he will do really well.

I suggest we ignore party politics and vote on a man that will make a difference.

I'm confident that we in Ulverston won't regret it

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes a man of integrity.
He did the job.
I would vote for him.
Mr Jack Kelly