Saturday 26 May 2012

1,500 postings and still going

Today I reflect on my priorities in life.

At 77, I have the luxury of being able to spend most of my time entirely as I wish. I have enough cash, a good roof over my head and a great partner.

So what are my priorities.

Well I'm still puzzling over what makes a satisfying life.

First has now become : to enjoy myself to the full.

I've taken a long time getting here but I may have arrived (!)

For life to be really fulfilling I want to be very confident and totally focussed on enjoying myself.

I then become a relaxed easygoing person who people can cope with.

We can all get on with others who are pottering along, enjoying getting on with their own life.

I want this to be me!

The pottering along bit may be a problem for others. My "pottering along" doesn't fit most people's concept of the expression. But then that's their problem and not mine.

This is the big thing that I'm trying hard to learn - to let others get on with their behaviour and not take it on board as my concern.

So what am I doing as I explore a "satisfying life"

More and more I'm turning to creating music. It's a fantastic way of expressing my emotions. Emotions are a big part of my life.

So number one is to become the best clarinet player ever. Setting a high goal doesn't bother me - it seems obvious to put everything you've got into something when ever you do it. Practically speaking it's not possible - though one can tweek the meaning of "best". There are always little niches that one can explore where very few others have been. You can become the best in a very narrowly defined area.

I've been the best in the world in a narrow area before, so feel that I know the ropes.

Coming second is to improvise on the piano very well and that's coming along very nicely.

That will have to do for now as I have a meeting with the pots at The Railings to repair so of the damage to the planters therelast Sunday night , I believe.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha so you surrender.There will be a multitude of monkeys on the loose!
ZORO

Geoff Dellow said...

I reckon you, Zoro, have too much time in India.

Zoro and monkeys don't somehow go together. They'd nick your sword before you blinked.

Geoff Dellow said...

What a fantastic day. Just had a lovely time working with John McArthur on repairing the pottery at the railings. The Babbling Brook, the sun and lots of good company passing on the folk lore of brigands and knights in shining armour. Doing a great project of making the planters look good again.