Monday 27 May 2013

What I love about Ulverston

Coming up!

It's pure raw local behaviour.

Nearly all of us do it.
It's totally self regulated - no bloody interfering councillors trying to tell us what to do with a "Keep Ulverston Tidy" campaign. No coppers telling us how to behave. No signs saying "Do this, do that". No one has ever given us a lecture on what to do:we do it by instinct. It's highly efficient in a potentially dangerous situation. Very few other towns in the UK have it.
It costs absolutely nothing.
Having experienced it, 90% of us thinks its great which is why it carries on and on and on.

Why can't the rest of our lives be so pleasurable?

The rest of Ulverston and the world needs it badly.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So what are you on about mate. Can't wait.

Dragley Beck

Geoff Dellow said...

J. Turner - if you can confine yourself to making a positive statement and not running others down with no reason then I will publish your comment. At present it is unacceptable. Reasons please.

Geoff Dellow said...

Yes, Dragley Beck, looking back at my posting ,I too wonder what the hell I was talking about.

I bit more reason was needed and less rant.

My apologies