Friday 14 November 2008

The Guardian Newspaper plan to extend their online paper North

The Evening Mail has such an appalling journalistic approach that most Ulverstonians deplore it, even though they still read it.

We have no alternative!

The Westmorland Gazette, though a great improvement, has scant news, though its Forum functions at a very mundane level.

In the future we may have an alternative!

The Guardian, formerly the Manchester Guardian, is planning to open an online paper in the north and this could ultimately be good for communication up here.

Ulverston could benefit!

The link given me the Guardian appears to be faulty so I've removed it!

Pity!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for pointing me at this survey we need an alternative and that's for sure.

Geoff Dellow said...

Thanks for your comment.
It means a lot to me!

Anonymous said...

Your survey contains your unique ID - anyone filling it out will overwrite your answers/comments.

Geoff Dellow said...

Yes I realise that the URL is distinctive however it will not overwrite my comments, apparently, as this is the one given to me by The Guardian to use.

Presumably they know what they are doing!

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't be too sure of that Geoff - maybe you should take a look and see. I can tell you that I could see and overwrite previous comments when I tried it, including:

"Of the two local papers one, the North West Evening Mail is utter rubbish, but has strong local information. The other, the Westmoreland Gazette, is a better paper but is not focussed on the Furness area which is often included as an afterthought."

I believe it no longer says this. Or, as you and the Guardian know what you are doing, maybe it does.

Geoff Dellow said...

Thanks for this, I shall get back to the Guardian