Saturday 7 March 2009

Anger

Calm? Why should I be calm?


I learnt a lot from this article in the Guardian.

It describes very well how I strive to behave.

A lot of things get me angry which is why working with others to change things makes me feel good.

"Evidence for the benefits of this (low-level anger expression) can be seen by comparing the city streets of Bristol and Bilbao on a Friday night. In both cities, young people in particular get drunk. But whereas Bristol's A&E departments are filling up by midnight with fight injuries, you rarely see as much as a scuffle in Bilbao. Alcohol disinhibits, whatever your nationality, so the most likely explanation for the difference is that the Basques bottle less anger up while the Brits use the bottle to get it out."

I've been amazed that, many times, officious people find me to be 'abusive' because I dare to ask them straight non-aggressive questions. So often it appears evident that they are not used to being asked straight but penetrating questions which boil down to:

"Why aren't you doing your job as you stated you would?"

This explains why I'm running for County Council so as to ask both Councillors and 'civil servants' these type of questions.

I'm hoping that many more people will join me by forming residents associations so that they too can ask questions and press for answers!

No comments: