Monday 30 March 2009

Are things all getting worse?

Slowly , steadily, are we moving in the wrong direction?

Does the article below persuade you that aggression just makes things worse?

Do you understand why we're in Afghanistan?

If it's to do with the supply of drugs to the UK; why not concentrate on raising people's self esteem and belief in the future so that they're not attracted to drugs?

Why is it that we continue to make offcomers angry with the way we treat people abroad?

Why do we support the actions of countries like Israel as they seek to pulverise the Palestinians?

Are we really surprised they support the latter? I certainly do and so do many Jews.

Can you really cower people who feel deeply that western justice is hypocritical?

Are we proud to be English when independent courts tell us we are criminals?

Don't these things matter?

Do we not mind the loss of our freedom in an increasingly police state?

Are the voices of rational British who are at this moment demonstrating against greed and inaction being listened to?

Are they really the voices of deluded trouble makers that need to be ignored so that we can 'move forward'?

Which direction is forward?

6 comments:

Dave M. said...

You are here, and have the freedom to write what you do because hundreds of thousands of our brave troops fought and died for you.Should you write this sort of stuff in the countries you appear to support you would be lined up, shot, beheaded, or both.I recognise your right to write what you do, however, I find it deeply offensive, and, quite honestly, disgusting. Please stop!!

Geoff Dellow said...

I'm publishing your comment so that you can perhaps explain what it is that you find deeply offensive.

I find that nearly all your comments are very negative which is why I don't publish them.

Here's your chance to tell us the reasons behind your views.

I too value the efforts of the soldiers - as much as you appear to.

I also agree that in many countries you would get into trouble for criticising the government, never the less some do it in spite of the threat.

What I am saying is that there are different ways of achieving an end.

The policy of the Polish government appears to work in favour of their soldiers. I'm suggesting that we try to learn from them and as a result lose fewer soldiers ourselves.

I look forward to reading your explanations.

Dave .M. said...

I am not on the carpet in front of the Headmaster and therefore feel no compunction to "explain".I love my country, and deeply respect the sacrifices made for it and our way of life....as they saw it!! If "offcomers" feel that England is a criminal nation then they have the right to live elsewhere. If, as you suggest,those hero's fought and died for a criminal nation, then may I suggest you go to Market Cross, take a long hard look, and hang your bloody head in shame!

Geoff Dellow said...

Isn't it more important how those whose stock has lived here for years and even thousands of years feel?

I'm descended from Ethelred the Unready so my family tell me . . .

How about our judges who have declared that we have broken International Law.

Anonymous said...

"aggression just makes things worse"

You might also be descended from Neville Chamberlain...

Geoff Dellow said...

I might be related to Martin Luther King.

But it's doubtful.