Wednesday 6 July 2011

BskyB take over

Just received from a friend:

"I'm sending you  this contact to avaaz. I have just written to add my protest to the many voices calling for a stop to the Murdoch takeover of BSkyB. The recent revelations re The Sun, the police and who knows who else at this stage are so dreadful , both as facts and for their implications regarding power and corruption in Britain, that I felt compelled to add  my voice. I hope that a vast number of small voices will help demonstrate the power of individuals to effect changeif they will join together.

http://www.avaaz.org/en/murdoch_messages_2/

As I looked down my list of friends I  thought of all of your friends and wondered how many letters to the government we might generate. We only have a couple of days to try to influence this decision but it may be long enough.

I'm looking out of my window at woodland and fells and listening to an oboe concerto on the radio. It feels a long way from the events unfolding in the worlds of media and power but those worlds reach even here at the flick of a switch. "

No comments: