Friday 22 July 2011

The stability of the world's finances

Deals are being done and agreements being made over the Euro but I'm still not convinced that we're going to avoid a deep financial disaster.

I have come to the conclusion that my only quick way to assess the seriousness of the situation is the price of gold. If it's high then those in the know are jittery and they think we have trouble ahead.

If gold prices start to go down then the same people are more relaxed.





Well 'they' are not impressed!

Why is this important?

For me it goes to prove that more than ever we need reliable friends around us.

It's important to be clear about what is really really important to each one of us and that for me is to have good positive proactive friends.

With uncertainties all around us, I am determined to find and take care of the people around me that are important. Taking care of myself is also extremely so!

And for me in particular it is things like the picnic tables at Gill Banks and the flowers in Mill Dam Park, pottery and piano that become very important.

Strange.

1 comment:

Gladys Hobson said...

Gold makes paupers of some and millionaires of others! The price can drop as easily as it can rise. Dealers make money out of buying and selling. Those with little gold want its value to rise while those with much want the price to rise higher. (Having just a simple gold wedding ring, it means nothing to me.) True gold cannot be taken away and its value is beyond price.

What use is gold if you are dying of thirst in the middle of a desert?

Rich people can be thirsty for things money cannot buy. There is nothing strange about your gold, Geoff. Giving joy to others, and to yourself, through what you are what you do has more meaning than metal stored in a safe! You are a rich man indeed!