Saturday 9 July 2011

Dangerous parking - the sequel

Mr. Dellow,
                I am PC----(name given) and I am currently working in the community office at Ulverston Police station. PS (Police Sergeant - name given) passed me your e-mail and a link to your blog about the vehicle you witnessed parked at the roundabout at the bottom of Soutergate, Ulverston on 28th June 2011.
Thank you for the enlarged photograph which enabled me to see the vehicles registered number. I have carried out the relevant checks on the vehicle and I have spoken to the registered keeper, who was using the vehicle at the given time and date. The keeper of the vehicle has been given advice about their parking and also appraised of parking offences the police can and will deal with.
The keeper of the vehicle has been warned regarding their use of their vehicle at this time.

I hope this is satisfactory?

If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact me via any of the details below.

Regards

(name given)

To which I responded:

"Brilliant.

I hope you were met with a little glimmer of recognition that parking at this location was not desirable.

If so this would be far more than I was able to obtain.

My opinion is that if we can get the public supported by the police making their views heard in a quiet firm and rational way we will encourage the few in  Ulverston who show little regard for others to change - a little.

By contrast I fully agree with your Sgt that I do not want to encourage an emotional antagonistic approach to lawbreakers in Ulverston.

A difficult line to walk.

Thanks

Geoff Dellow"

1 comment:

lakeuk said...

Ulveston Police are hosting an online meeting, open to anyone to lurk or ask questions related to the following areas:-

Central Lakes
High Furness
Ulverston & Low Furness
Grange & Cartmel

Saturday 9th July 6pm - 8pm

http://www.cumbria.police.uk/ul