Sunday 15 January 2012

Broadband speeds in Ulverston

I use Google alerts which flags up every reference to the word "Ulverton" on the internet most of waht I get is on the Evening Mail site but occasionally something a bit quirky pops up.

Here we have a discussion of Broadband speeds on the TalkTalk discussion forum.

http://talktalkmembers.org/forums/showthread.php?t=74432

The chat is highly technical and beyond me but it implies that these guys have experienced a dramatic drop in broadband speed in connection with the Ulverston exchange.

Over to you if interested.

4 comments:

lakeuk said...

Scanned through the thread, all you need to know is that it's been fixed

A.R. said...

I am with Tesco Broadband which used to be a consistent 7.6 Mbps but is now anything from 5.5 to 6.5.

lakeuk said...

Do you who are the broadband champions representing Ulverston?

Ulverston looks abit sparce on my map-
http://lakeuk.comule.com/broadbandcumbria.html

Geoff Dellow said...

Thanks for that - it's beyond me!

Well to be precise, there are other things that are more important to me at the moment:

playing the piano, clarinet and getting my allotment in order - oh and now a biggish pottery project at Church Walk that will take some organising,together with letting some property that has come vacant and sorting out a fair bit of DIY.