Friday 13 January 2012

Despair of British Politics

Having watched Questiontime last night when they discussed the proposal to spend billions of pounds of our money on high speed rail development, I begin to despair of British politics as it exists at the moment.


ALL the political parties came out in favour, even Labour - it shows just how out of touch politicians are with the views of everyday people.

We're heading for a show down.
...
For the first time in my life I am thinking that I would be wise to avoid paying taxes to the government in any way possible. I can see far better ways to spend my money that actually benefit the community immediately around me.

Thank goodness we have young people with intelligence and energy who can lead our country in a sane direction: one that takes account of the realities of life of everyday people here.

Sadly the future is not ever going to be easy from now on but only ostriches think otherwise ( and that's a myth but creates a punchy image).

No comments: