Monday 9 January 2012

It is very tempting :

To think that we, humans are special.

But if you're an unbiased scientist who understands the universe a little, you will agree that we are just a small part of a massive amazing collection of other solar systems, galaxies and collections of matter.

The size is so great that it takes millions, no billions of years for light to travel across it.



It will therefore be a certainty in lay terms that there are other forms of life 'out there' . These 'beings' will also be equally certainly be more inteligent and more developed than us.

Not that I can see any practical value to this information.

This for me  is a helpful thought and gives me some perspective on my life and its relative unimportance - except to me.

1 comment:

Gladys Hobson said...

My thoughts are that 'space' has always been and always will be. There never was a time when space was not and movement will always take place in a way too magnificent for us, as frail humans, to grasp. It stands to reason we humans, as matter, are part of it all. As to whether the person I know to be 'me' will survive in one form or another is a matter of belief. But I see no reason why not.