Sunday 8 February 2009

Protection from Terrorists - no thanks

A lot of things that are being done in the UK lead me to the conclusion that I'd rather live without the protection of my government:

One that stands by and allows torture to obtain 'information' and supports the likes of Guatanamo Bay.

One where the police grill and punish vulnerable and sometimes innocent people.

Quality of life and putting myself at risk if I want to is more important to me than the length of my life.

Stopping people taking unnecessary risks by say climbing mountains in dangerous weather.

Only this Thursday I was being told by Council officers that I mustn't put myself in physical danger in dealing with law breakers.

To which I retort "It's my party and I'll die if I want to!"

I'm not asking you to come to my assistance and endanger yourselves - just let me swing on the 10,000 volt wires if I choose !

A lot of people are so keen to preserve life and not think of what kind of life they are living.

Old people are taken care of so that their bodies aren't hurt but what goes on in their minds is of little interest.

The same with kids - Little Johny is fine if he's 'out of harm's way' up in his bedroom - no matter what is happening inside his head!

No comments: