Friday 23 April 2010

Jane Carson seeking re-election in Mid Furness

Some of the Cllrs for SLDC are up for re-election at the same time as the General Election. This applies to Mid Furness an area immediately to the east of Ulverston. Cllr Jane Carson has shown herself to be a conscientious and thorough worker in the two years that she has been a councillor.

On this blog an independent observer at a planning committee meeting commented here that she stood out as someone who got to grips with the issues presented to the committee. At this meeting, for the most part, the rest of the Cllrs showed no interest and might just as well not have been present.

I have come across her myself at County Council meetings where she was familiarising herself with County Council issues by shadowing a County Councillor at meetings she had no need to be at as a District Councillor. She has also kept me informed about issues that she knows I was interested in.

Carson is the kind of representative we would all want. The fact that she is a Lib. Dem. member is for me irrelevant.

If you have the opportunity I recommend you give her your vote!

No comments: