Monday 31 May 2010

Contact with my local councillors

Re: Mill Dam Park and Gill Banks

Councillor Jan Hancock (one of three town councillors representing me),

Should you want to be kept up to date or even take part in promoting the changes that are being made at these locations, you're very welcome.

One scheme where we have overlap is the Ulverston in Bloom project where I recently made a presentation on the theme of local people getting involved in taking care of their parks.

I am only too happy to share the credit for any work we do!

In the long term I am aiming to be elected for North Ward and would like to feel we are working together.

Geoff Dellow

The above was sent this last Thursday and checking by phone confirmed that that it arrived.

A reply is awaited.

Regular contact is being maintained with another of my town councillors, Colin Hodgson who is also my district councillor over repairs to a high wall in Union Lane. He replied immediately.

This correspondence will be published shortly.

My county councillor , James Airey, has been contacted but hasn't yet replied, even though the request was made by email to be contacted ASAP last Friday. He may well be away.

An email sent yesterday to Mayor Phil Lister regarding a public meeting regarding the Flooding in South Ulverston evoked an immediate response to say that such a meeting is being planned by the Ulverston Town Council for Monday June 28th in the Coronation Hall presumably in the evening.

No comments: