Friday 7 May 2010

Even Esther didn't get in!

What a strange way of voting!

Esther didn't even break into the top three! She came forth with only 4 % of the votes.

Martin Bell was right - it's bloody hard to get elected as an Independent but for me in a lot of cases its the only way to be.

What a contrast: Esther is turned down and John Woodcock gets in!

And people are proud of our "Democracy".

And now we face a future of having a very inexperienced career politician as our MP.

What chance do we have of real support for local issues?

Let's find out about what he's made of.

Will he help reverse the dreadful Academy decision?

Will he promote much needed diversity in the Barrow manufacturing industry?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Geoff, I am sure you would want me to point out your personal criticism for which you will gain an unwanted reputation. You seemed surprised when I mentioned it the other day, I don't think it helps. You do much great work in the area and challenging systems, views, traditions etc is part of that. Just moderate your style slightly and more people will want to work with you instead of against. Paul

Geoff Dellow said...

Thanks for that Paul.

It's a difficult line for me to tread.

Rather than say the politically correct thing and not upset everyone but never-the-less think it; saying things out loud is part of me even with my friends.

Doing some more work on thinking out just what achievements are important.

Emotions are an important part of my make up and staying in tune with them. Calming down would be a good thing.

I'll have another look at the posting above.