Thursday 18 November 2010

Hugh of Riverside cottage - who battled with TESCO over chicken farms

Hugh's taken his anti-discard Fish Fight to Brussels . . .


He reports :

"For the past few months, I have been travelling around the UK meeting fishermen, marine conservationists, politicians, supermarkets bosses, and of course fish-eating members of the public.

You can find out all about my experience, and how it has changed the way I think about fish, in the Channel 4 series, Hugh’s Fish Fight, to be broadcast in January 2011."

You could also watch this video

It's worth comparing how Tesco compare with the Coop when you look at the fish in their stores

1 comment:

Gladys Hobson said...

If anything can be done to stop the appalling waste (throwing it back in) of half the fish caught at sea it will have my vote. I could weep at the sight of it. Wicked, is the only word I can think of.