Monday 6 August 2012

Delta Kite trial

The new pink one went up but is very unstable when it shouldn't be. Working with material is much harder than with paper!
My muscles ache and I don't know what I have to do to improve the design. I'm on that 'steep learning curve' as I don't know what I'm doing .

I've come in for a coffee and a chance to regroup.

Having a repair and alterations kit at the front line would be a good idea : a pinch of that Olympic determination is needed.

Right - that was a good coffee- and a brief watch of the painful Olympic 800m heats: let's go and crack this one.

Though I managed to get the kite to fly it was only a matter of a minute or so. The present design is very unstable - Working with stretching material is clearly more difficult than with the relatively rigid strong paper used on the previous kite. Back to the drawing board.

No comments: