Monday 27 August 2012

Making sense of the world

This I believe is everyone's cherished dream. We all want to understand - everything.

It provides us with security. We believe we understand what to expect in the future; the actions of other humans ; the actions of nature.

Slowly 'things' are dropping into place so that I am moving towards this goal - and it feels good.

The person that has helped me most is John Gray a very insightful philosopher. It's always good when you find someone who not only thinks what you have thought for a while but takes these thoughts a lot further.

We all learn what we want to  so what I have learn and helps me no end is that everyone , but yes every one is totally selfish.

This isn't as bad as it sounds because a lot of us - perhaps most - act so that they like themselves and secondly are liked by others. I can see it being true of myself and haven't found anyone else that this way of interpreting their actions doesn't fit.

And why do I write this kind of stuff when so few people write anything? Well I believe the statistics generated by Google Analytics which tells me that over the past year or so - possibly more there are in the range of 400 to 450 readers of this stuff and in the region of 225 are regular visitors every month. I then conclude that even though I don't know who all these people are, they are intrigued enough to find out - for whatever reason - what I write. It then follows that this is a way of communicating with people who know me in some way and that their thinking is to some degree in agreement or tolerant or otherwise why would they object either here on the blog or in some other way.

Thus I get great satisfaction from having an outlet for my thoughts and have the hope that in the future we will have the opportunity to communicate more fully, face to face. Then I will have someone who knows in a small way how I think and can say things that are relevant.

No comments: