Thursday 23 August 2012

The importance of coaches

Time and time again during the Olympics we heard about the value sportsmen put on their coaches and how they gave encouragement at crucial times in the sportsmens lives.

Wouldn't we all benefit from a good coach as we  endeavour to deal with so many of life's problems.

Sadly we don't have one, nor can we afford one.

But is that really true - or is it mainly our one-sided perception.

I certainly feel that I'd love to have a coach at the moment to help be sort out the things in my life that appear to wrench  the emotional stability out of my being. So are we really totally on our own over many things with no one who can help other than ourselves?

4 comments:

Chris said...

Move to Paris Geoff find and learn a Hungarian Accent and pass yourself off as a rich Hungarian Count.
Lurk around bars in the 5 eme near the University and no doubt young nubile students will want to take all their clothes off for Count Geoff.
That must be more fun that trying to make people think that do not want to think.
I miss Paris but I would never go back they have not even had a real President since Mitterrand.

Geoff Dellow said...

Your advice isn't much fun for someone who can't get an erection any longer. Anyway - been there got the "T" . . . . I'm 77 for God's sake. What other nuggets of wisdom have you got up your sleeve - or elsewhere?

Chris said...

I was attempting levity but to be serious maybe an intellectual erection would lead to a physical one.
The serious point behind the levity was let's suppose you went to The Sun the burning topic of the day would be who is doing what to whom in Coronation St.
In Paris more of an intellectual spark in certain places.
I miss Paris but I could never go back I was waiting for a sorry from a man in May that never came.
I have been trying to get decency and shame and a sorry from people at The CNC but that never came.
Tell you Geoff I want back the Paris I had in 97 but it is gone forever.
I knew a man in his 70's from CT 15 years ago almost his second childhood moved to Paris and painted naked women yes sexual overtones but he had a wonderful talent.

Geoff Dellow said...

Chris, I fear that you, in this case, are rambling.

Why is it that you are forever cutting yourself off from the positive things in life by focussing on the negative. Now could we return to the value of coaches?