Friday 24 August 2012

"It's only Mr Dellow - take no notice!"

"He pokes his nose everywhere into things in Ulverston that are none of his business."

Said to a obstinate self-important over-confident friend of hers on the train to Lancaster today.

A view echoed here by several people who speak up on this blog - the silent majority do that.

My answer was "Yes, and many thank me for it. "

Which group are you in?

Answers please and I'll continue with the story.

 This grey haired lady in front claims the right to use her adjacent sea to park her case rather than give up the seat on a crowded train on the way to Lancaster today with mothers, children and ten adults  standing nearby. When I offer to move it for her earlier on the trip she replies " I want it where I can keep an eye on it: I'll give up my seat if anyone asks me for it".

Does she give it up when asked ? No, as no one does - everyone stands by and lets her get away with it.

Is she a frail old lady who needs sympathy? - Not on your life - she refuses to accept my offer of help at Lancaster and manages both this and another case on her own as she descends onto the platform.

Shame on you Barbara Williams. Someone was deprived by you of a seat they had paid for when you claimed one that you hadn't for your case. Shame on the friend - I know her by sight - who supported her over her arrogant attitude.

She gets away with this behaviour because she trades on the fact that no one is going to make a fuss. The train manager says nothing.

The more we allow people like this, to take advantage the more liberties they take.

When the boot is on the other foot , they are very proficient at getting whatever they want and keeping others in their place.

Surely if we wish to curb people like this and deter them taking advantage of our good nature :

We must all speak up - not just that nuisanse guy Mr Dellow.

I was pleased to hear a friend of mine tell me how she had to speak out strongly to get someone at the Ford Park children's play area to remove their dog in spite of clear notices stating that the dog area is the otherside of the road. All she got back was abuse and even worse - no support from the other parents standing by.

Well done for speaking out and shame again on those that offer no support.

5 comments:

Chris said...

My parting thought's.
That is the world we live in where people embrace the credo on The Unholy Trinity,Me,Myself and I.
A gift to the world from the land of the free and developmentally challenged.
The math is beyond me but if somebody could crack the tasking crypt on Astra and re task Astra and watch it burn up during reentry Murdoch would go dark over Europe people would have to think.
2006 I watched something on Brit TV and was disgusted with a scumbag called Jeremy Kyle until I watched that I did not know British TV had become so awful.
People put ignorance on a pedestal as something to aspire to,in America 3 vulgar sister's that named themselves after a race from Star Trek making millions from mindless reality TV,SAD.
Please Geoff listen to a song on you tube.
Closer To The Heart by Rush and let me know what you think in a week when I am back in town.
Life last week I wanted somebody to stand up to dross and give me a hug should not be to much to ask for but it was.
My Cabbages need me......

Geoff Dellow said...

Have a great week with your cabbages, Chris. I love the world of my allotment - take care of the soil and with a bit of luck and cunning you get delicious food. For me at the moment, it's all about chard - I'm able to pick two leaves off every plant and get four meals out it - then there's the cabbage, beetroot parsley etc, thanks to the mix of rain and sun that we're having at present.

Anonymous said...

yes I have heard the same comments about you.
You should be proud that your public have this opinion.
Self only is a dark tunnel,you try to show them the light.
I have found you a very moral man and a fine example to young and the group of immoral old.
You may be a voice in the wilderness but please dont quit.
JAK

Geoff Dellow said...

Thanks JAK. Far from quiting it is becoming easier to raise issues the more I do it. I can come across relaxed and assertive which becomes a much easier way to function. Less and less do I go through the stage of 'shall I say something' - 'dare I say something? - More and more often I just do it, this was a case (!) in point.(unintended- it just happens doesn't it.)

Anonymous said...

Chard stalks cut into batons, stir fried add a little soy sauce
Thin batons about the size of mung beansprouts.
JAK