Thursday 2 August 2012

The Delta Kite flies beautifully

Here's a video.

My plan now is to make another Delta with the material that we use to make flags. The decision will be : how big and what colour.

Once I've made one I shall be touting for others to get involved before going any further, but wouldn't it be lovely to make say five of the Deltas in different plain colours and fly them together in the town somewhere or what ever you decide.

It will be over to you. How about making five large ones and flying them at the same time from Hoad? - You can control the direction they fly in to a limited degree - more if you're good at it!

Try looking at this video for ideas

1 comment:

Geoff Dellow said...

I'm getting a trickle of enthusiasm for this project.

Cathie has immediately jumped in - she saw the Delta flying when she was in Mill Dam Park yesterday and guessed I must be at the other end of the string.

Jack is telling me over the phone of his enthusiasm for Kite projects with his grandchilren and previous to that when he was a scout leader. He has perfected a release simple release mechanism and used it successfully to drop sweets and an action man on a parachute.

Lots of potential for fun.

As for me I'm doing some calculations as to how to make the most of our materials, how to scale up and down the working design and how to sew kites out of flag material.

All willing hands on deck please.