Saturday 23 May 2009

Regretfully coming to an end

Once in a while I have the experience of reading a really good book and as you sit and share someone else's thoughts through the pages you can see those that still remain rapidly diminishing.

June 4th is quickly approaching and I will cease to have a good excuse to go knocking on people's doors and finding what great people are hidden behind them.

Every night I'm out, I meet someone new that I didn't realise lived here. You can't predict what kind of people you'll meet by the area you go knocking. There are always lots of surprises. The conversations will soon come to an end. . . .

The exciting thing then is finding out how these meetings will progress into friendships where actions become the result and difficult obstacles are overcome!

Whatever the result of the election, I shall have lots to follow up and enjoy!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You may like to think about what time you knock on doors,have some consideration for others

Geoff Dellow said...

I give a lot of thought to this.

I have chosen between 5 and 9 in the evening as most people are in.

How late to knock is a difficult one it depends on the weather to some degree.

In my experience I can see the television on and even hear it so I assume a door knock won't be intrusive!

As the Fair is allowed to run in the Gill until 10, I would conclude that 10 might be a cut off point (something I would not do!).

What do others think?

Anonymous said...

Between 5 and 9 seems reasonable to me . Best of luck Geoff . I don't agree with everything you do or say but you are making an impact .

Geoff Dellow said...

I'd rather have people disagree with me than be like a rotten politician and not want to upset anybody.

That impact might not be desirable!

I'll come out with a sledge hammer and find out what people think!

Anonymous said...

Don't knock when Coree is on

Geoff Dellow said...

And why not?

Just have the kettle on!

And a choc biscuit at the ready!

I'm easy to please.