Monday 25 May 2009

Welcome again to our new visitors

Yesterday showed the highest number of different visitors in one day for a while (maybe ever).

My logs give the information though I haven't a clue who you are.

My greatest regret is that it is so difficult for you to track what has been said in the past.

I started with the idea of an index but it was turning into a long task and I have more interesting things to do - like actually talking to you on your doorstep.

We are exploring alternative software that will bring topics being commented on to the top of the pile.

Any suggestions?

I'm already tentatively planning out my time table - should I get in.

I have the feeling that I have a limited time ahead of me - say 12 years - and I want to hit the ground running.

(The feeling I had when I used to leap backwards from the platform of a moving bus as a kid so as to avoid falling flat on my face)

I shall publish what I see as the immediate tasks and offer a priority for you to comment on in a couple of days.

It's very important to me that I win with a resounding majority so as to send a clear message to Councillors and "Servants" alike that reform is clearly in the air.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

"My greatest regret is that it is so difficult for you to track what has been said in the past."

No it's not, when you write a post fill in the Labels section, for example if you write about Tesco in Ulverston then label the post Tesco, Ulverston

Readers can then when reading a post click on a label say Tesco to see all over posts related to Tesco in the same blog.

To see topics in order of number of comments then you'll need move to something like Wordpress (the version you host yourself)

Geoff Dellow said...

Right .

Now I've learnt something really useful.

Thanks

Labels it is from now on! and I'll start going back and labelling.

I'll look at Wordpress thanks.

Anonymous said...

You're doing your labels wrong, put commas between your keywords

Geoff Dellow said...

I'm now having a happy time going through my posts and adding labels.

That will keep me out of mischief for a while.

Or will it?

Geoff Dellow said...

Labels wrong!

Yes - got there - eventually.

Great to have someone looking over my shoulder!

Didn't take you long!