Sunday 15 August 2010

Flier for the Tourism Meeting next Monday

A flier has been designed and distributed on Monday to all the businesses that could be found in Ulverston concerning the need for our Town Council to be more supportive of the Tourist Industry in the town.

Please feel free to download this flier (as a word document) and distribute it by email or as a paper print out to all those interested.

A meeting is to be held

Monday 23rd August 5:30pm - The Lantern House.

to review the present situation regarding the imminent closure of the Tourist Information Centre and the lack of a good web site promoting the town to potential tourists.

Several councillors including our mayor , Phil Lister, and multi councillor, James Airey (Town, District and County) have said they will be there.

For more information on this topic click here

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I stood at the main link to the Lakes "Ulverston" the wonderful bus the 618 the 10:50 Barrow to Ambleside I arrived 1/2 hr early followed by Tourists, Workers(lifeblood of good service tourism /economy)and young people wanting to get to work.
I was at the front of the queue my wife and were I turned away as the bus was full gave up my seat to a lad going to work .DISGUSTED!! Spoke to Mark Hodgekiss Cumbria gov (clay man or brain dead)who when I suggested splitting the contracts with peaks and troughs told me "We were getting nowhere",sounded like I will put the phone down! !"its an annual review|"
Lets make "Ulverston" the the link to the Lakes ,train and Bus
I sometimes suspect some of the Buggers run TAXIS
Again! the first bus no 618 into the Lakes is at 0615 next one full I was turned away at front of queue1050 of aprox 15 to 20 customers wanting to get onboard maybe they could get on the 1352 !!!!!!
yours aye
JAK