Sunday 7 June 2009

The beginning of the end

Andrew Marr this morning.

We have a disaster close upon us which must surely wake us all up.

The sea is running out of fish because of intense "farming" of the sea.

When the general public realise this, they may wake up to the reality that our planet is doomed through our lack of thought about what is happening.

As I went throughout the town, knocking on doors, I found that many people didn't want their cosy self-contained existence disturbed - many were watching television. I could see the sets on and often the people inside watching them - I made sure I pounded their knocker hard - no reaction. They didn't know who I was but I hadn't walked in through the back door and hence couldn't be important.

They then go out to vote and perform like thoughtless robots.

Is this democracy?

When will the real world register with these people?

When they feel the need to leave their fantasy existence and face reality?

When the neighbourhood dogs come and crap on their doorstep?

When the neighbours party all night?

When they can't park their car outside their house?

When drunks wake them in the night?

When their precious cars are vandalised and ruined?

When their children are run over by boy racers ?

When the old people cease to be able to walk along our streets/pavements?

When will the "I'm all right Jack" attitude start to whither?

What are we going to do about it?

No comments: