Sunday 14 June 2009

Reflections

Am I right in thinking that people who occasionally read this blog prefer to preserve their distance.

There are very few who will identify themselves.

A lot of the contributions on the comments are quite negative as though these kind of people are the ones that have the enegy to say anything.

As I plan my next activities, I've decided to make contact with people directly - face to face where at all possible - here I find people very positive though again some are very wary of stating where they stand. Is there an inherent fear in a place like Ulverston of upsetting anyone. We just make sure we avoid contact but would never say anything to upset. Are we all too cliquey ? All in our little groups doing our own thing.

Or are we ready to form new groups the minute there is a purpose for doing so?

There was a great activity going on at Ford Park this afternoon - about ten to twenty families had gathered with their children at about mid-day and were spread out on the grass in the sun sharing picnic food. I inquired whether this was a Ford Park activity and was told not. This was a group of families with friends who were celebrating together the birthdays of children from three different families.

Looked fun.

They had booked the room at Ford House as a back up if it rained. - An activity I had been part of myself in the past.

No comments: