Sunday 14 June 2009

Politics

Everyone is having a lovely time blasting the politicians.

How about blasting the stupid voters for a change?

Sour grapes?

Or do we get the representatives we deserve?

Pay peanuts - get monkeys.

We pay MPs only twice as much as a London Tube Driver.

We're quite happy paying footballers/entertainers ridiculous amounts - fifty times as much.

People expect MPs to be altruistic but first ask ourselves why politicians at a local level do their job . . Does Altruism actually exist - certainly not with me - I do it because I think its fun - better than tele!

Rather than helping get things done, many people I talk to, genuinely think that we'd be better without them.

I've certainly started thinking this way and am beginning to operating as though they and local government don't exist.

It worked getting the cobbles partially repaired . . .

Anarchy here we come!

No comments: